Monday, January 9, 2012

Long day (and it's only day 2)

The first weigh-in is quite positive- I lost a whole 3.2 lbs. But my fat pants are still tight so I know it's a false positive. In fact, as the day drones on and conspiracy sets in, I'm convinced the requisite 1.5 liters of water a day is merely there so you can pee it out and believe you have lost weight.

How else does any sane person continue to eat only protein day in and day out on this thing? Forward motion, obviously.

The orange galette was actually tasty. And the ricotta "cheesecake" I made yesterday proves a cinnamon-vanilla reprieve from chicken, meatballs, and eggs that I am quickly tiring of eating. The texture resembles New Orleans style cheesecake, not at all smooth and creamy, but springy, almost like a spongecake.

I confess to cheating though. I took grandma to panera and ordered a salad, figuring I'd eat the chicken off the salad and have the lettuce when I can eat veggies again. But my resolve was already thin from a stressful day at work and...

I ATE LETTUCE.

I had no dressing, set the croutons aside, avoided the asiago cheese shavings, but I couldn't stop myself. So i ate some lettuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment